KANNAPOLIS, N.C. – The King University men's golf team opened the season with a pair of solid rounds at the Queens University Invitational. The Tornado are in fifth of 16 teams with a two round score of 574 and were led by Matthew Dalrympe who shot one-over in the first two rounds.
KING RESULTS: 5th of 16 (574)
LOCATION: The Club at Irish Creek; Kannapolis, N.C.
COURSE DETAILS: par 71, 7099 yards
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Dalrymple shot 73 in the opening round before carding a one-under 70 in the second round to finish the day in 13th place with a stroke total of 143.
- Not far behind are Arthitayapong Sripatrprasite and Chad Couch. Sripatrprasite started with a 74 before shooting one-under 70 in the second round to finish with a total of 144.
- Couch carded back-to-back rounds of one-over 72 in his first two collegiate rounds.
- Alex Bradford shot one-under 70 in his first collegiate round before carding a 75 in the second round to finish the day with a stroke total of 145.
- Robert Wilkinson rounded out the team with a total of 148, shooting one-over 72 in the opening round and following it with a round of 76.
- Playing as an individual, Alex Summers was consistent, carding 74 in both of the first two rounds for a total of 148.
FOR THE FOES
- Coker College leads the tournament with a two round score of 564 while Barton College is in second at 566.
- Individually, Barton's Travis Bloome and Marc Boucher of the University of Charlotte are tied for the lead with scores of 137.
- The tournament concludes with the final round on Tuesday at The Club at Irish Creek.