BRISTOL, Tenn. – The King University men's golf team opened their spring season with a 13th place finish at The Kickoff Classic in Jacksonville, Fla., The Tornado were led by a top 10 finish from Alex Bradford who finished the tournament one-over par.
KING RESULTS: 13th of 17 (884)
LOCATION: Fleming Island Golf Course; Jacksonville, Fla.
COURSE DETAILS: par 71; 6633 yards
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Bradford opened the tournament with a round of one-under 70 in the first round be shooting 72 in each of the final rounds to finish with a total of 214. That total gave him a ninth place finish.
- Alex Summers started the spring season with a score of 72 and followed it with a round of 75 in the second round. He closed the tournament with a round of 72, finishing with a total of 219.
- Not far behind was Robert Wilkinson who shot 220, improving on his opening round of 75 to shoot 72 in the second round. He then carded a 73 in the final round.
- Chad Couch and Miles Ruff rounded out the team with tournament scores of 234. Couch shot 71 in the first round before shooting 75 in the second round and 78 in the final round.
- Ruff improved each round, starting with an 82 before finishing with a 77 and 75 in the final two rounds.
FOR THE FOES
- Lincoln Memorial University and Young Harris College tied atop the team leadboard with totals of 856. Lincoln Memorial was declared the tournament winner on a scorecard playoff.
- The Tornado finished 13th with a tournament score of 884.
- Juan Iturra of Flagler College was the individual medalist with a score of three-under 210.
- The duo of Jake Headrick of Carson-Newman University and Levi Kettelhut of Belmont Abbey College were the only other two individuals under par, finishing with scores of one-under 212.
- The Tornado will be in action again on March 5-6 at the Southern Tide Classic at the Green Valley Country Club in Spartanburg, S.C.