MARS HILL, N.C. – The King University men's swimming team faced Mars Hill University and Lindsey Wilson College on Friday night. The Tornado swam well, but fell to both Mars Hill and Lindsey Wilson.
KING RESULTS: Mars Hill 171, King 52; Lindsey Wilson 157, King 63
LOCATION: Mars Hill, N.C.
RECORD: King 3-4
HOW IT HAPPENED
- The Tornado started the meet with the 200 yard medley relay team of Cade Martin, Juan Somoza, Tyler Brewster and Ethan DeRouis posting a time of 1:43.56.
- Martin came up with a second place finish in the 200 yard freestyle with a time of 1:53.58. Martin later finished the 100 yard backstroke in 58.22 seconds.
- Somoza posted a 50 yard backstroke time of 26.32 seconds. In the 100 yard backstroke, Somoza finished in 1:02.22. Somoza won the 100 yard individual medley with a time of 54.81 seconds.
- In the 50 yard backstroke, DeRouis touched the wall in 31.99 seconds. He also finished the 50 yard freestyle in 24.04 seconds.
- Wayne Bilancione finished the 100 yard butterfly in 1:04.77. He later finished the 500 yard freestyle in 5:57.18.
- Brewster finished runner-up in the 100 yard freestyle time of 52.81 seconds. He later touched the wall in 26.10 seconds in the 50 yard butterfly.
- The 200 yard freestyle relay team of Martin, Brewster, DeRouis and Bilancione finished in 1:35.64.
- King will be in action again on Saturday at Virginia High School when they face Milligan College at 2:00 p.m.
- Mars Hill returns to action on Friday when they travel to take on Lenoir-Rhyne University.