CHARLOTTE, N.C. – The King University men's swimming team had a solid third day at the Bluegrass Mountain Conference Championships, setting a pair of school records and two personal records. Going into the final day of the championships, the Tornado are in 10th place.
KING RESULTS: 10th of 11
LOCATION: Mecklenburg Municipal Pool; Charlotte, N.C.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Tyler Brewster started the day with a school record in the 100 yard butterfly with a prelim time of 52.10 seconds.
- Later in the day, Cade Martin set a school record in the 100 yard backstroke finals with a time of 52.93 second. Earlier in the day he came within 0.01 of the record with a time of 53.35 seconds.
- In the 100 yard breaststroke, Ethan DeRouis posted a personal best time by two second with a time of 1:03.40.
- Wayne Bilancione posted his first 200 freestyle time under two minutes, setting a personal record with a time of 1:56.17.
QUOTE FROM THE COACH
"Another great day as we broke four school records," head coach James Graves said. "Macarena Martin Mayor blew away the field and brought home a second conference championship for the woman's team. Jess Vargo, Tyler Brewster and Cade Martin all had amazing swims en route to breaking more school records. One more day of racing to finish up a great year!"
- The conference championships conclude on Saturday with the prelims starting at 10:00 a.m. and the finals at 5:00 p.m.