JOHNSON CITY, Tenn. – The King University men's track and field team opened their indoor season at the ETSU Track & Field Invitational over the weekend. Senior James Russell Ballowe led the way for the Tornado as he finished first in the 5000 meter event.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- In the 5000 meter event, James Russell Ballowe finished in first place with a time of 15:30.75. He also finished in 16th place in the 3000 meter event with his time of 8:54.07.
- In the high jump, Xavier Caudill placed 10th with his jump of 1.88 meters.
- Daniel Kovalchick posted a time of 2:06.50 in the 800 meter event to take 35th place. Teammate Morgan Greene recorded a time of 2:07.68 to finish 40th in the 800 meter.
- In the 400 meter race, Luke Downes posted a time of 51.39 to take 22nd place.
- The Tornado are in action again on January 20 at the Appalachian Open in Boone, N.C.