BOONE, N.C. – The King University men's track & field team had a solid weekend at the Appalachian Open, finishing fourth of 13 teams. The Tornado had the top two finishers in the 5,000 meter run with Daniel Kovalchick winning the event and Morgan Greene finishing second.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- In the 5,000 meters, Kovalchick set a personal record with a time of 16:54.00, winning the event by 10 seconds.
- His teammate, Greene finished second with a time of 17:04.49.
- In the triple jump, Jaylen Foster finished third with a mark of 14.10 meters, only 0.07 meters away from the event's winner.
- Braidon Miller set a personal record with a mark of 14.03 meters in the shot put. He finished seventh in the event.
- The Tornado are in action again at the Finn Pincus Invitational on Friday and Saturday in Roanoke, Va.