HICKORY, N.C. – The King University men's track and field team competed in their second event of the year, the Lenoir-Rhyne Cross Country Invitational. James Russell Ballowe led the Tornado to a fifth place finish as he finished 13th individually.
KING RESULTS: 5th of 6
LOCATION: Hickory, N.C.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Ballowe was the first Tornado to cross the finish line, coming in with a time of 27:18.70.
- Coming in next was Morgan Greene with a time of 27:42.10, giving him a 17th place finish.
- Daniel Kovalchick came in next for the Tornado, finishing 19th with a personal record time of 27:59.06.
- Finishing 26th with a time of 28:34.84 was Charles Ramos.
- Cameron Walden came in with a time of 29:19.44 while Kyle Hart and Trey Boulware rounded out the squad.
- Hart covered the 8k distance in 32:13.10 and Boulware finished in 33:40.47.
FOR THE FOES
- Lenoir-Rhyne finished first and Wingate University finished second.
- Lenoir-Rhyne had the top two finishers, including Jacob Black's first place time of 25:26.26.
- King will be in action again on Friday at the Virginia Tech Alumni Invitational.