BRISTOL, Tenn. – Playing their first ranked team of the season, the King University women's soccer team dropped a Conference Carolinas match to Limestone College. The 19th-ranked Saints scored a pair of first half goals before putting the game out of reach in the second half, taking the contest 9-0.
FINAL SCORE: #19 Limestone 9, King 0
LOCATION: Parks Field; Bristol, Tenn.
RECORDS: King 1-6-1, 1-3 Conference Carolinas; Limestone 7-1, 5-0 Conference Carolinas
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Olivia Drake came up with a pair of saves in the early going to keep the game scoreless.
- However, the Saints broke through in the 19th minute as Holly Rawcliffe found the back of the net.
- Rawcliffe later found the back of the net in the 38th minute, giving Limestone a 2-0 advantage.
- Alex Svetlik had an opportunity in the final minute of the half, but the Saint goalkeeper turned the shot away.
- Limestone tacked onto their lead with a pair of goals in the 49th minute, taking a 4-0 lead.
- The Saints had another flurry with goals in the 61st and 63rd minutes.
- Limestone added three more goals and packed in their defense to take the game 9-0.
- King took five shots on the day, placing one on frame.
FOR THE FOES
- Rawcliffe and Danielle Murray tallied two goals each for Limestone.
- The Saints placed 17 of their 37 shots on goal and earned seven corner kicks.
- King takes on Emmanuel College on Saturday at Parks Field. Kickoff is scheduled for 2:00 p.m.
- Limestone hosts Chowan University on Saturday afternoon.