CHARLOTTE, N.C. – The King University women's swimming team opened the Fall Frenzy Invitational with a solid day on Friday. The Tornado set four personal records on the day.
KING RESULTS: 7th of 9
LOCATION: Mecklenburg County Aquatic Center; Charlotte, N.C.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- A pair of records were set in the 50 yard freestyle, Madison Wisley and Haley Carpenter.
- Wisley posted her first time under 25 seconds, touching the wall in 24.95 seconds to start the relay.
- Carpenter came in with a time of 28.21 seconds in the 50 yard freestyle race.
- Macarena Martin Mayor set a pair of personal bests, coming in the 200 yard individual medley and the 100 yard backstroke.
- In the 200 yard individual medley, Martin Mayor finished in 2:15.69, lowering her previous time by nearly 13 seconds.
- She then posted a 100 yard backstroke time of 1:02.64 in the time trial. That lowered her time by nearly three seconds.
QUOTE FROM THE COACH
- "We had some great swims today," head coach James Graves said. "The team has put in great work so far and we saw the results today with a shave and taper. Everyone swam season-best times, and also some lifetime best swims and two team records. We had some injured swimmers that stepped up and showed tremendous fight as well. I am looking forward to two more days of racing."
- The Fall Frenzy Invitational continues on Saturday with the prelims in the morning, followed by the finals in the evening.