BRISTOL, Tenn. – For the first time, Conference Carolinas announced an All-Support team, recognizing one student from each institution who supports their team or department through service. Reagan Dempsey was the selection from King University with her service as a student athletic trainer.
Dempsey worked with head athletic Shelia Crockett, coving acrobatics & tumbling and women's basketball. She carried a 3.16 GPA and served as a student athletic trainer for three years.
"Reagan came to the athletic training room with a positive attitude and willingness to help the King student-athletes on a daily basis," Crockett said. "She won the respect of the student-athletes and helped in their care."
The All-Student Support Team was created to recognize one student from each member institution who supports an athletic team and/or athletic department through service. Examples of service include, but are not limited to: team managers, statistical support, video service, and/or game day operations support.
To be eligible for the Conference Carolinas All-Student Support Team a student must meet the following criteria:
- Junior or senior academic status as determined by the registrar's office.
- Cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher on a 4.0 scale on all work completed at the member institution.
- GPA is to be based on the previous fall semester's grades (e.g. cumulative GPA through fall 2017).
- Must have completed at least two full-time semesters at the member institution (currently in their third semester or beyond)
- A student-athlete who has exhausted their eligibility is eligible to win this award if they are assisting their former team and/or athletic department in such a manner as described above.