David Hicks was named head coach of King’s women’s triathlon team in January 2019, concurrent with the launch of the program. Hicks has also served as King’s Director of Athletics since 2011.
- Active age-group participant in triathlons
- Completed numerous Sprint and Olympic distance triathlons, including several age-group top-three finishes
- Completed four Ironman 70.3 races
- Ironman Chattanooga 2017 Finisher
- Currently training for Ironman Chattanooga 70.3 in May, and Ironman Chattanooga in September.
- Will celebrate his 22nd wedding anniversary with his wife, Cindy, in 2019.
- Oldest son, Alex, is a sophomore at King. Alex has competed in three Sprint Triathlons and never beaten his dad.
- Has three other sons at home: Daniel, age 17, Stephen, age 14, and Luke, age 11. (Stephen is a much faster swimmer than dad.)
- He and Cindy are active members of Central Christian Church.