BLUEFIELD, Va. – The King University baseball team won their second game in as many days as they topped Bluefield College on the road. The Tornado scored three runs in the second as the came away with the 5-2 victory.
FINAL SCORE: King 5, Bluefield 2
LOCATION: Bowen Field; Bluefield, Va.
RECORDS: King 13-22; Tusculum 19-17
TIME OF GAME: 2:25
- Trader Flora scored a pair of runs and drove in three to pace the King offense. He also ripped his fourth home run of the season.
- Along with Flora, five other Tornado accounted for King's six hits.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Flora gave King a 3-0 lead with a three-run home run in the second inning.
- King extended their lead to 4-0 when Chase Hilliard dropped down a squeeze bunt, scoring Flora in the fifth inning.
- Bluefield responded with a run in the bottom half of the inning, but King turned a double play to stay ahead 4-1.
- River Laskey extended the Tornado lead to 5-1 with a sacrifice fly that scored Tony Valdes in the ninth inning.
- The Rams plated a run in the bottom half, but that was it as King took the contest 5-2.
FOR THE FOES
- Lenyn Napoleon led Bluefield with three hits and scored one run.
- Andreas Holtzer and Marcus Espinal registered two hits apiece.
Winning Pitcher: Braden White (1-1) 6.0 IP, 4 H, 1 R, 0 ER, 1 BB, 3 SO
Losing Pitcher: Steven Estep (1-6) 6.0 IP, 4 H, 1 R, 0 ER, 1 BB, 3 SO
- King hosts Erskine College on Friday at 3:30 p.m. The Tornado then take on Erskine in a doubleheader on Saturday. Saturday is also senior day.
- Bluefield hosts Point University on Saturday and Sunday.