HARROGATE, Tenn. – The King University baseball team jumped out to an early lead at Lincoln Memorial University. However, Railsplitters came storming back, scoring the game's final nine runs and shutting down the Tornado offense to take the game 10-8.
FINAL SCORE: Lincoln Memorial 10, King 8
LOCATION: Hennon Field; Harrogate, Tenn.
RECORDS: King 14-25; Lincoln Memorial 31-13
TIME OF GAME: 3:30
- Hunter Barbour went 2-for-4 with a home run and a double and drove in six runs.
- Nick Carroll also went 2-for-4 with his first career home run and two runs scored.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Harrison Barger started the game with a double and later scored on a Kevin Barbato single up the middle.
- Barbour made it a 3-0 lead with a two-run double.
- Seth Hunt started the bottom of the inning with a home run, but that was all the Railsplitters would score.
- King loaded the bases in the second inning, and Barbour ripped a home run, extending the Tornado lead to 7-1.
- Carroll stretched the King lead to 8-1 when he laced a home run to center field.
- The Railsplitters cut their deficit to 8-3 with two runs in the third and pulled within 8-6 with three runs in the fourth.
- Lincoln Memorial took the lead in the fifth inning with four runs. Henry Moore started the frame with a one-out home run and a two-run double from Will Reddick gave the Railplitters a 10-8 lead.
- The Railplitter pitching also dug in, only allowing two base runners over the final six innings.
- Lincoln Memorial retired the last 11 batters they faced to take the game 10-8.
FOR THE FOES
- Moore went 3-for-5 with a home run while Hunt also hit a home run.
- Nate Stinson went 3-for-3 with two runs scored and two runs batted in.
- Reddick drove in three on two hits.
Winning Pitcher: Jake Grenus (3-0) 2.0 IP, 0 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 1 BB, 1 SO
Losing Pitcher: Stephen Henderson (1-1) 1.2 IP, 5 H, 4 R, 4 ER, 1 BB, 1 SO
- King travels to Limestone College for their final Conference Carolinas series of the year. First pitch on Friday from Gaffney, S.C. is scheduled for 6:00 p.m. Saturday's doubleheader is scheduled for 12:00 p.m.
- Lincoln Memorial hosts third-ranked Newberry College on Friday and Saturday.