JOHNSON CITY, Tenn. – The King University baseball team went on the road to take on Milligan College for their fourth game in three days. Milligan took the lead early and used a pair of big innings to take the game 9-0.
FINAL SCORE: Milligan 9, King 0
LOCATION: TVA Credit Union Ballpark; Johnson City, Tenn.
RECORDS: King 15-8; Milligan 14-8
TIME OF GAME: 2:46
HOW IT HAPPENED
- King started the game with a pair of walks and Rob Sari came up with a one-out single. However, the Buffaloes cut down a Tornado run at the plate, keeping the game scoreless.
- Milligan took the lead with a run on an Augustus Fraley double in the second inning.
- The Buffaloes then extended their lead to 4-0 following a run-scoring double, sacrifice fly and single in the fourth inning.
- Back-to-back singles from Bennett McCann and Backus put two runners on with one out in the fifth, but again the Tornado could not push a run across.
- Milligan added a run in the seventh before taking a 9-0 lead with four runs in the eighth inning.
- Ben Grable had the big hit, a two-run triple in the inning as King fell 9-0.
FOR THE FOES
- Grable led Milligan, going 3-for-4 with three runs batted in.
- Fraley drove in two runs on one hit.
Winning Pitcher: Graham Hooker (2-0) 3.0 IP, 4 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 1 BB, 5 SO
Losing Pitcher: Drew Moore (0-2) 4.0 IP, 6 H, 4 R, 4 ER, 1 BB, 4 SO
- King stays on the road to take on regional rival UVa-Wise on Wednesday. First pitch is scheduled for 2:00 p.m.
- Milligan hosts Point University on Friday and Saturday.