CONYERS, Ga. – The King University cycling team got off to a good start this weekend at the season opening Georgia Tech mountain bike race. The Tornado were led by Jennifer Caicedo who took a first place on Saturday in the short track an followed that with a second place finish in Sunday's cross country race.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Caicedo started the weekend with a victory in the women's B short track race on Saturday. She later finished runner-up to her teammate in Sunday's women's B cross country race.
- Emily Cox also came away with a victory on Saturday, winning the women's A time trail. She followed that with a fifth place finish in the cross country race on Sunday.
- Finishing ahead of Caicedo in the cross country race was Miranda Goodman in her first race wearing the Scarlet and Navy.
- On the men's side, Kyle Ellis had a solid first collegiate race, taking seventh in the men's A short track on Saturday and following it with a 17th place finish in the men's A cross country race on Sunday.
- Taylor White came in with a top 10 finish, taking 10th in the men's C cross country race.
- The Tornado will in action again on September 12-13 at the Lees-McRae College mountain bike race.