BANNER ELK, N.C. – In their second race of the year, the King University cycling team had another stellar weekend, this time at nearby Lees-McRae. Kaysee Armstrong led the way with a pair of wins while Jennifer Caicedo took a win and a runner-up finish.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Armstrong started the day with a win in the women's A cross country race on Saturday and followed it with a win in Sunday's short track race. She also teamed up with Cory Rimmer to win the team relay race.
- Caicedo came in just after Armstrong in the cross country race for the runner-up finish. On Saturday in the women's B short track she earned her second victory of the season.
- Miranda Goodman had a solid weekend, starting with a third place finish in the women's B cross country race. She followed that with a runner-up finish in Saturday's slalom race before finishing second on Sunday in the short track race.
- Emily Cox came away with a pair of fifth place finishes on the weekend in each the women's A cross country and short track races.
- Also in the women's A short track race on Sunday, Victoria Gates came away with a 14th place finish.
- On the men's side, Kyle Ellis led the way, starting with an eighth place finish in the men's A cross country race and followed it with a fourth place finish in the short track race on Sunday.
- Taylor White posted three top 10 finishes on the weekend. He started on Saturday with an eight place finish in the men's C cross country race and 10th in the slalom. On Sunday he finished 10th in the short track race.
- Rimmer teamed up with Armstrong to win the team relay, but had mechanical issues in the slalom race where he took 17th.
- On Sunday, William Guillen finished 18th in his only race of the weekend.
- Tyler Cope and Quenton Lyons both competed in the short track, finishing 13th and 18th, respectively.
- The Tornado will have a few weeks off before competing again at home on October 3-4.