BRISTOL, Va. – In their first home event of the season, the King University cycling team posted a solid showing at the mountain bike race hosted at Sugar Hollow Park. In all the Tornado took home nine first place finishes, led by three from Cory Rimmer and Kaysee Armstrong.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Rimmer took home first place finishes in the men's category A individual time trial, short track and cross country races.
- A women's category A rider Armstrong won the individual time trial, short track and cross country races while taking second at in the dual slalom.
- Also a men's A rider, Kyle Ellis took fifth in both the short track and individual time trial before having mechanical issues in the cross country race.
- Miranda Goodman had a stellar weekend racing in the women's B category. She won the individual time trial and took second in each the dual slalom, short track and cross country races.
- Jennifer Caicedo, racing in category C won the cross country and short track race while taking second in the individual time trial.
- Taylor White, a men's category C rider took fifth in both the cross country and short track races.
- King will be in action again next Saturday and Sunday at the Lindsay Wilson race in Columbia, Ky.