BRISTOL, Tenn. – The King University cycling team opened the cyclocross season with a solid performance at their home race on Saturday. Cory Rimmer finished first and Kaysee Armstrong led three women in the top 10 with a second place finish.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Rimmer won his first cyclocross race of the year, finishing first in the men's category A race.
- Armstrong nearly came away with a win, taking second in the women's category A race.
- She was followed by Emily Cox who finished ninth and Jennifer Caicedo who took 10th.
- Victoria Gates rounded out the Tornado women's category A riders with a 14th place finish.
- Along with Rimmer in the men's category A race, Kyle Ellis finished ninth.
- In the men's category B race, Billy Barnes finished 13th with Taylor White just behind in 14th.
- King will be in action December 5 at the Mars Hill cyclocross race.