ATLANTA, Ga. – The King University cycling team started their road season with a solid showing at the Georgia Tech race. Kyle Ellis led the men with a first place finish in the road race and 12th in the criterium while Jennifer Caicedo took home a pair of top 10 finish to lead the women.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Ellis started the weekend on Saturday, taking first in the men's category C road race.
- He followed that with a 12th place finish in the men's category B criterium on Sunday.
- Caicedo took fifth in the women's category A road race on Saturday and followed it with a second place finish in the women's category A criterium on Sunday.
- Also on the women's side, Emily Cox turned in a stellar weekend, taking fourth in the women's category A road race and ninth in the critirium.
- Victoria Gates came away with a top 10 finish as well, taking seventh in the women's category B criterium. Gates also took 14th in the women's category B road race.
- Also in the women's category B criterium, Keely Easterling finished 12th.
- In the men's category C road race, Quenton Lyons finished 34th, Billy Barnes took 36th and Areum Kim placed 37th.
- Lyons took 24th in the criterium.
- King will be in action again on March 19-20 at the University of Georgia race.