ATHENS, Ga. – Over the weekend the King University cycling team had a few cyclists compete at the University of Georgia race, and the Tornado came away with a few solid results. Victoria Gates and Emily Cox led the way, both taking home a pair of top 10 finishes on the weekend.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Gates opened with a third place finish in the criterium on Saturday, and followed it with a seven place finish in the road race on Sunday.
- Cox started the weekend with a sixth place finish in Saturday's criterium before following that with a ninth place finish in the road race on Sunday.
- On the men's side, Quenton Lyons finished 22nd in the criterium and took 29th in the road race.
- William Barnes also race for the Tornado, taking 26th in the criterium and 30th in the road race.
- King will be in action again on April 9-10 at the Milligan College race.