Nov 04, 2017
BRISTOL, Tenn. – The King University cycling team returned to action Saturday morning at the King Cyclocross race. The Tornado recorded seven top 10 finishes on the day.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- In the men's category A race, Matthew Owens led the way for the Tornado with his sixth place finish. Teammate Alan Barrows was close behind as he finished in ninth place.
- Eric Hubbs took 14th place in the race and Jameson Simms rounded out the squad with a 16th place finish.
- In the women's category A and B race, Kate Dietrich led the way for King with her fifth place finish.
- Abby Hobbs took 10th in the event while Sydney Wenger finished close behind with an 11th place finish.
- In the men's category B event, King dominated as they took the top two spots. Fausto Crapiz finished first overall and teammate Alan Barrows took second.
- Alan Edwards rounded out the category B race for the Tornado with a ninth place finish.
- The Tornado head to Winston-Salem, North Carolina on Saturday to compete at Lees-McRae.