MILLIGAN COLLEGE, Tenn. – The King University cycling team opened their road season this weekend with a pair of races at Milligan College. Matthew Owen led the way for the Tornado with a pair of first place finishes.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- On Saturday, Owen took first place in men's category C. He upgraded to the men's category B for Sunday and finished in first once again to cap off an impressive weekend for him individually.
- Fausto Crapiz had a great weekend in men's category A for the Tornado. He took a fifth place finish on Saturday and finished in fourth place on Sunday afternoon.
- In tough weather conditions Saturday, Alan Edwards took home a 31st place finish in men's category A, but bounced back strong on Sunday to take a 13th place finish in men's category A.
- In women's category B, Kate Dietrich finished eighth on both Saturday and Sunday for the Tornado.
- Jameson Simms took home a 34th place finish in men's category A Saturday afternoon for King while teammate Eric Hubbs finished 4th in men's cateogry B on Sunday afternoon.
- King is back in action April 7 at the Appalachian State Dual in Boone, N.C.