CLEMSON, S.C. – The King University cycling team turned in a solid weekend at Clemson University before the final races were washed out on Sunday. The Tornado were led by the men's category B group, paced by a pair of podium finishes from Matthew Owen.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- In Saturday's men's category B road race, Owen finished first, Jameson Simms finished 11th and Eric Hubbs took 21st.
- In the men's category A race, Alan Edwards finished 57th and Fausto Crapiz took 63rd.
- On the women's side, Kate Dietrich finished 19th in the women's category B race.
- Also on Saturday, Crapiz finished second in the men's category A time trial.
- In the team time trial, Edwards, Hubbs and Owen came in sixth for the Tornado.
- On Sunday, Dietrich finished 14th in the women's category B criterium.
- The men's category B group was led by a third place finish by Owen while Simms finished eighth and Hubbs took 21st.
- The men's category A criterium was cancelled due to weather.
- The Tornado are in action again on May 5-6 at the USA Cycling Collegiate Road National Championships in Junction, Colo.