BRISTOL, Va. – The King University cycling team started their season at a pro race at Sugar Hollow Park over the weekend. The weekend was highlighted by numerous top finishes for the Tornado.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- On Saturday in the cross country race, Alyssa Roland won the pro women category and Kate Dietrich finished second.
- In the category three race, Chloe Harmon finished runner-up.
- On the men's side, Kyle Tiesler finished runner-up and Dawson Sanders finished third in the men's pro race.
- In the category three race, Ben Lightfoot finished third and Dominic Giannantonio finished fourth while Jameson Simms finished second in the single speed race.
- In Sunday's 48-mile endurance race, Fausto Crapiz finished third in the pro race while Eric Hubbs took fourth.
- The team real of Matthew Owen, Kate Dietrich, coach Alan Sparks and alum Alan Edwards finished runner-up.
- The Tornado are in action again on September 1-2 when the host a mountain bike race on campus and at Sugar Hollow Park.