BRISTOL, Tenn. – The King University cycling team opened their collegiate season over the weekend by hosting the first mountain bike race of the weekend. The weekend was highlighted by victories from Kate Dietrich, Alyssa Roland and Dawson Sanders.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Dietrich started the weekend with a win in the women's category A downhill and third in the dual slalom. She then finished seventh in short track and ninth in cross country.
- Roland won the women's category B downhill and took fifth in the B dual slalom. In category A races, Roland finished third in cross country and 11th in short track.
- In his only race of the weekend, Sanders won the men's category C downhill.
- Ben Lightfoot nearly had three podium finishes, taking runner-up in the men's category C cross country, third in short track and fourth in downhill.
- Racing in men's category A, Matthew Owen finished fifth in dual slalom, sixth in downhill, 10th in short track and 16th in cross country.
- Fausto Crapiz finished eighth in the men's category A cross country and 11th in short track.
- Jameson Simms finished 16th in the men's category A dual slalom and Eric Hubbs took 18th in downhill.
- Chloe Harmon took seventh in each the women's category C short track and cross country.
- King travels to the Brevard College mountain bike race on Saturday and Sunday.