BANNER ELK, N.C. – The King University cycling team competed at what was a wet mountain bike race over the weekend at Lees-McRae College. The Tornado came away with a three of top 10 finishes.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- The team relay came in with a second place finish.
- In the men's category A race, Matthew Owen led the way with a seventh place finish.
- Jameson Simms took 20th and Eric Hubbs wasn't far behind at 21st.
- Fausto Crapiz was the final Tornado finisher, coming in 30th.
- On the women's side, Jennifer Caicedo finished eighth to the lead the way.
- Alyssa Roland finished 20th and Kate Dietrich came in 23rd.
- In the cross country race, Dietrich finished 15th and Chloe Harmon finished third in the category C race.
- The Tornado are in action again on Saturday and Sunday at Union College (Ky.)