BARBOURVILLE, Ky. – The King University cycling team had another successful weekend at the Union College mountain bike race. The Tornado came home with nine top 10 finishes.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- On the women's side, Chloe Harmon came in with a fifth place finish in the women's category B cross country race and sixth in short track.
- In women's category A, Jennifer Caicedo finished sixth in short track, 12th in cross country and 13th in dual slalom.
- Kate Dietrich finished sixth in downhill, 12th in dual slalom 17th in cross country and 18th in short track.
- Rounding out the women's side was Alyssa Roland who finished sixth in dual slalom, 10th in short track and 13th in cross country.
- Matthew Owen led the men, taking sixth in short track, 10th in cross country and downhill and 17th in dual slalom.
- Fausto Crapiz also raced in all four disciplines, finishing 14th in downhill, 15th in each cross country and short track and 17th in dual slalom.
- Ben Lightfoot came in fifth in cross country, 13th in downhill and 16th in dual slalom.
- Kyle Tiesler finished 19th in the dual slalom, 21st in cross country and 30th in the downhill.
- Eric Hubbs finished 26th in downhill, 27th in cross country and 29th in dual slalom.
- Rounding out the team was Jameson Simms who finished 11th in dual slalom and 22nd in cross country while Dawson Sanders finished 25th in cross country.
- King travels to Auburn on Saturday and Sunday for the SECCC Mountain Bike Championships.