BANNER ELK, N.C. – In one of the deepest fields of the season, the King University cycling team had a good weekend at Lees-McRae College. The Tornado posted eight top 10 finishes, including one runner-up finish.
HOW IT HAPPENED
Men's Category A
- On Saturday, Matthew Owen led the Tornado with a ninth place finish in cross country.
- Kyle Tiesler followed by taking 19th while Ben Lightfoot finished 44th.
- Jameson Simms finished 49th and Dominic Giannantonio took 51st.
- Owen then finished 13th in slalom, and Tiesler finished 30th.
- On Sunday, the Team Relay finished 11th.
- In the short track race, Owen again led the way with a seventh place finish.
- He was followed by Tiesler's 15th place finish and Simms took 40th.
- Lightfoot came in 48th and Giannantonio finished 54th.
- Owen and Tiesler finished 19th and 20th in downhill, respectively.
Men's Category C
- Simms finished 20th in slalom and downhill.
Women's Category A
- Kiley Krasley finished 19th and Kate Dietrich finished 35th in cross country on Saturday.
- In the slalom race, Dietrich finished 20th and Kylie Gardner finished 18th.
- Krasley finished 11th in the short track race, and Dietrich finished 38th.
- Dietrich finished 17th in the downhill race.
Women's Category B/C
- In Saturday's cross country, Gardner finished second in category B while Chloe Harmon finished seventh in category C.
- Krasley finished sixth in the category B slalom race and Harmon took fifth in category C.
- Harmon came in seventh in the category C short track race on Sunday.
- In Sunday's downhill race, Krasley finished fourth.
- King races in their home race on September 28-29. On Saturday, the event will take place at Sugar Hollow Park in Bristol, Va., before coming to campus on Sunday.