BRISTOL, Tenn. – The King University men's basketball team host Barton College on Senior Day in the Student Center Complex on Saturday afternoon. The Bulldogs got off to a hot start, and didn't slow down, taking the contest 95-58.
FINAL SCORE: Barton 95, King 58
LOCATION: Student Center Complex; Bristol, Tenn.
RECORDS: King 14-13, 7-10 Conference Carolinas; Barton 20-7, 13-4 Conference Carolinas
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Early in the first half, Barton used a 16-0 run over five minutes to turn an 8-7 lead into a 24-7 advantage midway through the opening period.
- Justin Frazier ended the Tornado drought with a jump shot in the paint.
- That didn't slow the Bulldogs down, however, as they continued to extend their lead and held a 48-24 lead at the half.
- The teams traded baskets early in the second half until Barton went on a 9-2 spurt to take a 70-40 lead with 11 minutes remaining.
- King couldn't slow the Bulldogs down as they extended their lead to 92-55, eventually taking the contest 95-58.
INSIDE THE BOX SCORE
- Jordan Young led King with 12 points while Mike Salomon followed with 12 points.
- Frazier chipped in with 11 points and Tyre Moore Jr. led King with eight rebounds.
FOR THE FOES
- Barton shot 56.9 percent in the contest, including 50.0 percent from long range.
- Isaiah Reddish led Barton with 19 points while Jake Kakar followed with 18 points.
- Bobby Stenborg followed with 12 points and Matt Woods chipped in with 10 points.
- King closes the regular season on Tuesday at Southern Wesleyan University. Tipoff from Central, S.C. is scheduled for 7:30 p.m.
- Barton travels to Limestone on Tuesday night.