BRISTOL, Tenn. – The King University men's golf team showed consistency in their first tournament of the season, the Kiawah Island Invitational, shooting 302 in the first round and followed it with a 303 in the final round. The Tornado ended the tournament in 15th place with a two-day total of 605 and were led by Sam Hobday.
FINAL SCORE: 15th/18 (605)
LOCATION: Osprey Point Golf Club, Kiawah Island, S.C.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- USC Aiken won the tournament with two round total of 573 with Georgia College and Flagler College finishing second at 579.
- A senior, Hobday led the Tornado with a tournament total of 148, shooting 70 in the first round and 78 in the second round.
- Leennawat Numpituckchaikul followed, finishing 34th with a two round total of 150, posting scores of 73 and 77.
- Arthitayapong Sripatrprasite came in next with scores of 78 in the first round and 75 in the second round for a total of 153.
- In his first collegiate tournament, Kesley March improved on his 81 in the first round with a one-over 73 in the second round for a total of 154.
- Freshman Cole Peevy rounded out the squad, improving on his 85 in the first round with a 79 in the second round for a total of 164.
- The Tornado will be in action again on September 28-29 when the host their home tournament, the King University Invitational at the Country Club of Bristol.