BRSITOL, Tenn. – The King University men's golf team opened play at their home tournament at the Country Club of Bristol on Monday and their first team posted a team score of 289 while the second team shot 294. The Tornado were led by Leennawat Numpituckchaikul and Robert Wilkinson posted the low score in the first round, each tied for first after carding 68.
KING "A" RESULTS: 3rd/9 (289)
KING "B" RESULTS: 6th/9 (294)
LOCATION: Country Club of Bristol, Bristol, Tenn.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Numpituckchaikul paced the first Tornado team, shoot 68 in the first round and is tied atop the leaderboard.
- Mathias Bunaes followed at 73.
- Coming in next was Arthitayapong Sripatrprasite and Kesley March, who each shot 74.
- Sam Hobday rounded out the first squad with a score of 75
- Wilkinson is also tied atop the leaderboard after shooting 68 in his first collegiate round.
- Cole Peevy came in next at 73.
- Thomas Jackson shot 76 in the first round.
- Parker Sammons followed with a 77 and Jake Stone rounded out the second team with a score of 80.
- Wataru Koguchi played as an individual for King and carded a77.
FOR THE FOES
- Numpituckchaikul and Wilkinson are in a tie for first with Evan Gfeller of North Greenville University.
- Barton College leads the tournament with a team score of 280 while North Greenville is in second at 287.
- The tournament concludes with the second round on Tuesday at the Country Club of Bristol. Teams will start teeing off at 9:00 a.m.