BRSITOL, Tenn. –Leennawat Numpituckchaikul and Robert Wilkinson ended the rain-shorted King University Invitational in a three-way tie for first for the King University men's golf team. However, the pair finished second and third due to the tiebreaker. Overall the Tornado shot 289 and finished third.
KING "A" RESULTS: 3rd/9 (289)
KING "B" RESULTS: 6th/9 (294)
LOCATION: Country Club of Bristol, Bristol, Tenn.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Numpituckchaikul paced the first Tornado team, shooting 68 to finish second after the tiebreaker.
- Mathias Bunaes finished 15th after carding a 73.
- Coming in next was Arthitayapong Sripatrprasite and Kesley March, who each shot 74.
- Sam Hobday rounded out the first squad with a score of 75
- Wilkinson finished third after shooting 68 in his first collegiate round.
- Cole Peevy came in next at 15th with a round of 73.
- Thomas Jackson shot 76 for the Tornado.
- Parker Sammons followed with a 77 and Jake Stone rounded out the second team with a score of 80.
- Wataru Koguchi played as an individual for King and carded a77.
FOR THE FOES
- Evan Gfeller of North Greenville University won the tiebreaker to take individual medalist honors.
- Barton College won the tournament with a team score of 280 while North Greenville took second at 287.
- King will be in action again on October 12-13 at the State Farm Intercollegiate hosted by Lincoln Memorial University at Woodlake Golf Club in Tazwell, Tenn.