TAZWELL, Tenn. – The King University men's golf team nearly turned in the low round of the season in the second round of the State Farm Intercollegiate when they shot 290. Along with their second round score, King shot 302 in the first round and are in ninth with a score of 592 with one round remaining.
KING SCORE: 9th/14 (592)
LOCATION: Woodlake Golf Club, Tazwell, Tenn.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Arthitayapong Sripatrprasite led the Tornado in the first two rounds, carding a 74 in the first round and following it with a three-under 69 in the second round for a total of 143. He is tied for eighth with one round remaining.
- Kesley March is also in the top 10 at 10th, shooting 75 in the first round and 69 in the second for a total of 144.
- Coming in next for King in the first round of Robert Wilkinson who was consistent, shooting 76 in both the first and second rounds.
- Mathias Bunaes rounded out the team score, improving on his first round of 77 with a 76 in the second round for a total of 153.
- Leennawat Numpituckchaikul followed Bunaes with a score of 78 in the first round and 80 in the second round for a total of 158.
- Playing as an individual, Cory Peevy posted a score of 76 in the first round and 78 in the second round for a total of 154.
FOR THE FOES
- Lincoln Memorial University leads the tournament, shooting 289 and 281 for a total of 570. Carson-Newman University is second at 572 and Queens University is third at 575.
- Brad Hawkins of Tusculum College leads the individual tournament with a score of 133 after carding 66 in the first round and 67 in the second round.
- The tournament will conclude on Tuesday with the third round at Woodlake Golf Club. Tee off is scheduled for 8:30 a.m.