TAZWELL, Tenn. – The King University men's golf team closed the State Farm Intercollegiate with another consistent round on Tuesday, shooting 304 at Woodlake Golf Club. The Tornado ended the tournament with a score of 896, placing them 10th and were led by Kesley March and Arthitayapong Sripatrprasite.
KING RESULTS: 10th of 14 (896)
LOCATION: Woodlake Golf Course, Tazwell, Tenn.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Both March and Sripatrprasite led King with 25th-place finishes, both shooting 221 in the three round tournament. March closed with a round of 77 on Tuesday while Sripatrprasite carded a 78.
- Robert Wilkinson carded King's low round of the day in the third round, shooting one-under 71. He ended the tournament with a score of 223.
- Mathias Bunaes finished with a round of 78, giving him a tournament total of 231.
- Rounding out the squad for King was Leennawat Numpituckchaikul who finished with a score of 237 after shooting 79 in the final round.
- Playing as an individual, Cole Peevy shot 229 for the tournament following a third round of 80.
FOR THE FOES
- Carson-Newman University won the tournament with a score of 850 after shooting 278 in the final round.
- Host Lincoln Memorial wasn't far behind, shooting 851, including 281 in the final round to take second.
- Brad Hawkins from Tusculum College won individual medalist honors with a three round score of 16-under 200, finishing with a 67.
- Lincoln Memorial's Sam Broadhurst took second with a score of 15-under 201.
- King closes the fall season on Sunday and Monday at the TVA Credit Union Classic hosted at the Turtle Point Yacht and Country Club in Florence, Ala.