FLORENCE, Ala. – The King University men's golf team started their final tournament of the fall with a score of 314 in the first round of the TVA Credit Union Invitational. The Tornado improved in the afternoon to card a 298 and are in 12th with one round remaining with a stroke total of 612.
KING SCORE: 12th/15 (612)
LOCATION: Turtle Point Yacht and Country Club, Florence, Ala.
COURSE DETAILS: par 72, 7133 yards
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Freshman Kesley March led the Tornado with a consistent day, shooting 75 the first and one-over 73 in the second round for a total of 148 that lands him in 23rd place.
- Robert Wilkinson was next for the Tornado at 153. He improved on his first round score of 79 to shoot two-over 74 in the final round.
- Coming in next for King was Leennawat Numpituckchaikul who carded a 77 in the first round and followed it with a 79 in the second round for a total of 156.
- Arthitayapong Sripatrprasite turned around his day after shooting 86 in the first round he posted a one-over 73 in the second round for a total of 159.
- Also coming in at 159 was Sam Hobday who shot 83 in the first round and followed it with a 76 in the second round.
FOR THE FOES
- Delta State leads the tournament with one round to play with a score of 581, shooting 297 in the first round and 284 in the second.
- Limestone College is second at 584 and the hosts, the University of North Alabama is third at 585.
- Griffin Brown of Limestone leads the individual tournament with a score of eight-under 136. He shot 67 in the first round and 69 in the second.
- The tournament concludes on Tuesday with the third round at Turtle Point Yacht and Country Club.