KIAWAH ISLAND, S.C. – In the first two rounds of the spring, the King University men's golf team improved on their score as they shot 314 in the first round of the Newberry College Invitational before carding a 307 in the second round. Their total of 621 has the Tornado in 10th going into Tuesday's final round.
KING SCORE: 10th/13 (621)
LOCATION: Ocean Course; Kiawah Island, S.C.
COURSE DETAILS: par 72; 6682 yards
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Leennawat Numpituckchaikul led the Tornado, shooting 75 in the opening round and following it with a 77 in the second for a total of 152. He is currently tied for 25th.
- Sam Hobday was next for the Tornado, improving on his first round of 81 with a team-low 74 in the second round for a total of 155.
- Coming in next for King was Arthitayapong Sripatrprasite who shot 79 in the opening round and followed it with a 78 for a total of 157.
- Mathias Bunaes also cared a 157, shooting 79 in the first round and 78 in the second round.
- Cole Peevy rounded out the squad with a total of 170, shooting 84 in the opening round and 86 in the second.
FOR THE FOES
- Georgia Southwestern State University leads the tournament with a two-round total of 589, shooting 299 and 290 in the first two rounds.
- Newberry is second at 593 (293-300) while North Greenville University is third at 594 (298-296).
- Ethan Chamineak leads the individual tournament, shooting 71-70 for a total of 141.
- The tournament concludes with the third round on Tuesday at the Ocean Course in Kiawah Island, S.C.