SALISBURY, N.C. – The King University men's golf team opened their second tournament in as many weeks by shooting 307 in the first round of the Richard Rendleman Invitational. The Tornado are in eighth place, and were led by Arthitayapong Sripatrprasite and Sam Hobday led King in the first round.
KING RESULTS: 8th/12 (307)
LOCATION: Salisbury Country Club; Salisbury, N.C.
COURSE DETAILS: par 72; 6665 yards
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Sripatrprasite and Hobday both shot 38 on the front nine and followed it with a 37 on the back nine for a total of 75. The pair is currently tied for 13th.
- Leennawat Numpituckchaikul was next for King, shooting 78. He rebounded from a 41 on the front nine to shoot 37 on the back nine.
- Robert Wilkinson wasn't far behind, shooting 79. He carded a 39 on the front and followed it with 40 on the back.
- Kesley March rounded out the squad with an 82, shooting 44 on the front nine and following it with a 38 on the back nine.
FOR THE FOES
- North Greenville University currently leads the tournament, shooting 291 in the opening round.
- Lenoir-Rhyne University is second at 297, Pfeiffer University is third at 298 and Lincoln Memorial University and Belmont Abbey College are tied for fourth at 299.
- Carlos Lasso of Lenoir-Rhyne and Seth Robertson of North Greenville hold the individual lead with a scores of one-under 70.
- The tournament concludes with the second round on Tuesday at Salisbury Country Club.