SALISBURY, N.C. – Concluding the Richard Rendleman Invitational, the King University men's golf team took an eight place finish shooting a combined 612 in two rounds of play. The Tornado were led by Arthitayapong Sripatrprasite who finished in the top 20 golfers.
KING RESULTS: 8th/12 (613)
LOCATION: Salisbury Country Club; Salisbury, N.C.
COURSE DETAILS: par 72; 6665 yards
HOW IT HAPPENED
- After shooting a 75 in round one Sripatrprasite would return to the course for a second round improving by one stroke to finish with a total score of 149 that landed him in 14th place.
- Robert Wilkinson also improved on his first round score of 79, shooting a 76 in the second round giving him a total score of 155.
- Also with a final score of 155 for the Tornado was Sam Hobday after shooting a 75 in round one and record a round two score of 80.
- Next for King was Leennawat Numpituckchaikul shooting a 78 in round one and a 79 in round two finishing with a total 157 for the Tornado.
- Kesley March finished up for King improving on his first round score of 82, shooting a 77 on day two finishing with a total 159.
FOR THE FOES
- North Greenville University took home the overall tournament victory with a score of 582.
- Belmont Abbey College finished in second at 587 and Lincoln Memorial University took third shooting 593.
- Nick Stafford of Belmont Abbey College landed the first place individual finish with a 139.
- The Tornado will return to action March 21 for the Cliffs Intercollegiate at Cliffs at Mountain Park in Travelers Rest, S.C.