TRAVELERS, S.C. – The King University men's golf team closed out the Cliffs Intercollegiate golf tournament landing a fourth place finish. The Tornado climbed up the leaderboard after they finished day one sitting in seventh place overall. Leennawat Numpituckchaikul led the Tornado earning a top ten finish.
KING RESULTS: 4th/14 (605)
LOCATION: The Cliffs at Mountain Park; Travelers Rest, S.C.
COURSE DETAILS: par 72; 7017 yards
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Numpituckchaikul landed a sixth place finish for the Tornado after shooting back-to-back 74 shot rounds, giving him a total 148.
- Following in close behind was Mathias Bunaes shooting 76 in round one and 74 in round two, a total 150 that placed him in 14th.
- Robert Wilkinson finished with a total 152 after improving his first round score of 78, shooting 74 in day two.
- After posting an 81 in round one Arth Sripatrprasite improved in the second round shooting a 74 for a total score of 155.
- Finishing up the Tornado team score was Sam Hobday shooting an 81 in round one and recording a round two score of 89.
- Competing as an individual, Kesley March finished with a total score of 161, shooting 80 in round one and 81 in round two.
FOR THE FOES
- Taking home the overall team win was Queens University shooting 589 in the tournament, with Young Harris following in at second shooting 595.
- David Wallin of Young Harris was the top individual finisher shooting four under par at 140 and Jonathan Noble of Queens University followed in at second a shot behind.
- Queens University landed three top ten finishers leading them to the overall victory.
- The Tornado will compete next in the Lander Bearcat Classic at Greenwood Country Club in Greenwood S.C. March 28-29.