GREENWOOD, S.C. – The King University men's golf team opened play at the Lander Bearcat Open with a pair of solid rounds. The Tornado opened with a score of 300 and followed it with a total of 291 in the second round and are in ninth place with a tournament total of 591. Leennawat Numpituckchaikul leads the Tornado and is in 11th place with one round remaining.
KING RESULTS: 9th/17 (591)
LOCATION: Greenwood Country Club; Greenwood, S.C.
COURSE DETAILS: par 72; 6800 yards
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Numpituckchaikul carded a score of two-under 70 in the opening round and followed it with a score of 74 in the second round, giving him a total of 144 for the tournament.
- Coming in next for the Tornado was a trio of golfers with a stroke total of 150. Mathias Bunaes is in this group, shooting 79 in the first round, but rebounding to shoot one-under 71 in the second round.
- Robert Wilkinson also shot 79 in the first round, but bounced back to shoot one-under 71 in the second round.
- Shooting even-par 72 in the first round Arthitayapong Sripatrprasite who carded a 78 in the second round, giving him a total of 150.
- Kesley March rounded out the squad, rebounding from a first round of 86 to shoot 75 in the second round. He goes into the final day with a stroke total of 161.
FOR THE FOES
- Young Harris College leads the tournament with a stroke total of 571 while Lincoln Memorial is in second at 583.
- Tyler Stone of Wingate University is on top of the individual leaderboard with a score of four-under 140.
- The tournament concludes with the third round on Tuesday at Greenwood Country Club.