GREENWOOD, S.C. – The King University men's golf team posted a strong finish in day two of the Lander Bearcat Classic that would jump them four spots up on the leaderboard. The Tornado climbed up the leaderboard after they finished day one sitting in ninth place overall and completed the tournament earning a fifth place finish. The Tornado were led by Leennawat Numpituckchaikul earning a top ten individual finish.
KING RESULTS: 5th/17 (886)
LOCATION: Greenwood Country Club; Greenwood, S.C.
COURSE DETAILS: par 72; 6800 yards
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Numpituckchaikul earned a sixth place finish after shooting a best round of 70 in round one, then posting a 74 and 73 in the final two rounds giving him a total 217.
- Starting out the tournament shooting a 72 in round one Arthitayapong Sripatrprasite then went on to post a 78 in round two and improving upon that round with a 73 in the final round, shooting a total 223.
- Teammate Robert Wilkinson followed in close behind shooting a total 224 after improving on his first round score of 79 to go on to record a 71 and 74 in the final two rounds.
- Mathias Bunaes too followed close behind with a total score of 225, similarly shooting 79, 71, and then 75.
- Kesley March then finished up for the Tornado improving on his first round score of 86 to conclude the tournament shooting a 75 and 77 for a total 238.
FOR THE FOES
- Young Harris took home the overall victory with a total team score of 871 after posting a tournament best round score in round one of 283.
- Tyler Stone landed a lone first place victory shooting a total of 212, posting 68, 72, 72 on the scorecard.
- King's next action will be at the Conference Carolinas Championships in Greensboro, N.C. on April 17th.