BROWNS SUMMIT, N.C. – The King University men's golf team closed their season with a round of 300 in the final round of the Conference Carolinas Championship. King finished the tournament with a stroke total of 897, giving the Tornado a fifth place finish. Leennawat Numpituckchaikul led King with a ninth place finish.
KING RESULTS: 5th/8 (897)
LOCATION: Champions Course at Bryan Park; Browns Summit, N.C.
COURSE DETAILS: par 72; 6892 yards
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Numpituckchaikul finished his career with a round of one-over 72, giving him a tournament total of 222 which landed him in ninth place.
- Mathias Bunaes wasn't far behind, finishing 11th with a tournament total of 224 after shooting 77 in the final round.
- Coming in next for King was Arthitayapong Sripatrprasite who carded a round of 73 on Tuesday, giving him a tournament total of 225 and a 14th place finish.
- Robert Wilkinson finished with a tournament total of 227 after shooting 78 in the final round.
- Kesley March rounded out the squad with a score of 77 in the final round for a tournament total of 237.
FOR THE FOES
- Limestone College won the conference championship with a tournament total of 858.
- Belmont Abbey College finished second at 885 and the University of Mount Olive shot 886 to finish third. Erskine College was fourth at 891 while King came in fifth.
- Nick Stafford of Belmont Abbey and John Thatch tied for individual medalist honors and Thatch took the victory on the third playoff hole. The duo carded tournament scores of 211 with Stafford shooting 70 in the final round and Thatch carding a 66.
BEYOND THE BOX SCORE
- Numpituckchaikul closes his career as a three-time all-conference selection and with a stroke average of 74.76.