DANIELS, W.Va. – The King University men's golf team improved in every round of the NCAA Division II Championships Preview on Monday and Tuesday. The Tornado finished with a tournament score of 878 to finish 11th.
KING RESULTS: 11th of 17 (878)
LOCATION: Cobb Course at Glade Springs; Daniels, W.Va.
COURSE DETAILS: par 71; 7080 yards
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Chad Couch led the way for the Tornado, finishing 30th with a score of 219. He shot 74 in the opening round, 75 in the second round and even-par 70 in the final round.
- Leo Rigamonti wasn't far behind, finishing with a stroke total of 220. Following an opening round of 78, he shot even-par 70 in the second round and 72 in the final round.
- The final three Tornado finished with stroke totals of 222.
- Alex Bradford followed his opening round of 78 with rounds of 71 and 73 to conclude the tournament.
- Ryan Bradshaw posted three consistent rounds, starting with rounds of 74 and 75 on Monday and finishing with a round of 73 on Tuesday.
- Rounding out the team was Robert Wilkinson who started with a round of 79 before shooting 72 and 71 in the final two rounds.
FOR THE FOES
- Barry University won the tournament with a team score of 12-under 840 while Lynn University finished second at nine-under 843.
- Lynn's Tomas Gana was the individual medalist with a score of eight-under 205.
- King is in action again on October 22 and 23 at the West Georgia Matt Dyas Invitational.