CARROLLTON, GA – The King University men's golf team were in action at the UWG Matt Dyas Invitational on Monday and Tuesday. The Tornado finished with a tournament score of 868 to finish sixth out of 13.
KING RESULTS: 6th of 13 (868)
LOCATION: Oak Mountain Championship Golf Course; Carrollton, Ga.
COURSE DETAILS: par 72; 7026 yards
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Robert Wilkinson led the way for the Tornado, finishing tied for fifth with a career-low score of 213. He shot 75 in the opening round, 69 in the second round and 69 in the final round.
- Matthew Dalrymple wasn't far behind, finishing with a stroke total of 217. Following an opening round of 74, he shot 69 in the second round and 74 in the final round.
- The final three Tornado finished with a stroke total of 220.
- Alex Bradford followed his opening round of 75 with rounds of 72 and 73 to conclude the tournament.
- Leo Rigamonti posted three consistent rounds, starting with rounds of 76 and 71 on Monday and finishing with a round of 73 on Tuesday.
- Rounding out the team was Chad Couch who started with a round of 76 before shooting 72 in the final two rounds.
FOR THE FOES
- Young Harris College won the tournament with a team score of 855 while West Georgia finished second at 859.
- Lee University's Dylan Lillard was the individual medalist with a score seven-under-par at 209.
- King returns to the course of February 18 at the Newberry College Invitational