KIAWAH ISLAND, S.C. – The King University men's golf team finished 18th with a score of 937 at the spring-opening Newberry College Invitational. The Tornado were led by Robert Wilkinson who finished 14th.
KING RESULTS: 18th of 18 (937)
LOCATION: The Ocean Course; Kiawah Island, S.C.
COURSE DETAILS: par 72; 6664 yards
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Wilkinson closed his tournament with a round of 78, finishing 14th with a tournament total of 224.
- Leo Rigamonti also shot 78 in the final round, finishing with a stroke total of 231.
- Chad Couch finished with a stroke total of 236 following a final round of 91.
- Rounding out the team was Ryan Bradshaw and Alex Bradford. Bradshaw shot 85 in the final round for a tournament total of 248 while Bradford finished at 257 with a final round of 257.
FOR THE FOES
- Young Harris College won the tournament with a score of 896 while Florida Southern College finished second at 898.
- Joel Sylven of Missouri-St. Louis was the individual champion with a score of even-par 216.
- King returns to the course on Monday and Tuesday at the Battle at Hilton Head Island. The tournament will be played at the Arthur Hill Course at the Palmetto Dunes Resort in Hilton Head, S.C.