BRISTOL, Tenn. – The King University men's golf team opened the Battle at Hilton Head Island on Monday with a round of 297. The Tornado are in third place, led by Leo Rigamonti who is ninth on the leaderboard going into Tuesday's final round.
KING RESULTS: 3rd of 10 (297)
LOCATION: Arthur Hills-Palmetto Dunes Oceanfront Resort; Hilton Head, S.C.
COURSE DETAILS: par 72; 6651 yards
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Rigamonti cared a one-over 73 in the opening round and is eight strokes back in ninth place.
- Matthew Dalrymple, Robert Wilkinson and Alex Bradford aren't far behind as Dalrymple posted a 74 on Monday,
- Wilkinson and Bradford both carded rounds of 75 while Chad Couch shot 87 in the opening round.
FOR THE FOES
- Henderson State University leads the tournament with a score of 290 while Lincoln Memorial University is second at 291. King, along with Barton College and Southern Wesleyan University are in third at 297.
- Sam Broadhurst of Lincoln Memorial is the individual leader with a round of seven-under 65.
- The tournament concludes with the final round on Tuesday.