BRISTOL, Tenn. – The King University men's golf team finished third Battle at Hilton Head Island with a tournament score of 594. The Tornado were led by a trio of players that finished 10th.
KING RESULTS: 3rd of 13 (594)
LOCATION: Arthur Hills-Palmetto Dunes Oceanfront Resort; Hilton Head, S.C.
COURSE DETAILS: par 72; 6651 yards
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Robert Wilkinson, Leo Rigamonti and Matthew Dalrymple all finished 10th with tournament scores of four-over 148.
- Wilkinson improved on an opening round of 75 with a 73 in the second round while Rigamonti shot 73 in the first round and 75 in the second round.
- Dalrymple carded 74 in both rounds.
- Alex Bradford finished at 152 with rounds of 75 and 77.
- Chad Couch improved on his opening round of 87 to card 75 in the final round for a tournament total of 162.
FOR THE FOES
- Lincoln Memorial University with a score of 579 while Henderson State University took second at 580.
- Sam Broadhurst of Lincoln Memorial won the individual title by 10 strokes, shooting 13-under, 131.
- King is in action again on Monday and Tuesday at the Southern Tide Classic hosted at the Green Valley Country Club in Spartanburg, S.C.