GREENVILLE, S.C. – The King University men's golf team improved on an opening round of 299 at the Southern Tide Open with a round of 287 in the second round. Going into Tuesday's final round, the Tornado are in ninth place with a score of 586. Robert Wilkinson is in seventh place to lead the Tornado.
KING RESULTS: 9th of 15 (586)
LOCATION: Green Valley Country Club; Greenville, S.C.
COURSE DETAILS: par 71; 6763 yards
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Wilkinson posted a round of even-par 71 in the opening round and followed it with a round of two-under 69. He is in seventh place with a two-round total of 140.
- Leo Rigamonti improved on an opening round of 75 by carding a round of even-par 71 in the final round. He enters the final round with a total of 146.
- Alex Bradford isn't far behind with a total of 149. He shot 76 in the opening round and followed it with a score of 73 in the second round.
- Rounding out the team for King was Chad Couch and Matthew Dalrymple. Couch came in with a score of 151 after shooting 77 in the first round and 74 in the second round.
- Dalrymple carded a 79 in the first round before shooting 75 in the second round for a two-round total of 154.
FOR THE FOES
- Lincoln Memorial University leads the tournament with a score of 18-under 550 while Coker College is second at 563 and Queens University is third at 564.
- Lincoln Memorial's Luke Haries leads the individual tournament with a score of eight-under 134.
- The tournament concludes with the third and final round on Tuesday.