GREENWOOD, S.C. – The King University men's golf team finished 21st at the Lander Bearcat Classic with a total of 912. Chad Couch led the way, finishing 44th.
KING RESULTS: 21st of 22 (912)
LOCATION: Greenwood Country Club; Greenwood, S.C.
COURSE DETAILS: par 72; 6800 yards
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Couch started the tournament with a round of two-under 70 and followed that with a round of 76 on Monday. He closed the tournament by carding 77 to finish with a total of 223.
- Miles Ruff started with a first round of even par 72 before shooting 77 in the second round on Monday. Ruff closed the tournament with a stroke total of 227 following a final round of 78.
- The next finisher for the Tornado was Alex Bradford with a stroke total of 233. He shot 76 in the opening round and 81 in the second round before carding 76 in the final round.
- Leo Rigamonti also finished with a total of 233. He started with a round of one-over 73 before shooting 82 Monday's second round. He finished the tournament with a round of 78.
- Robert Wilkinson rounded out the team for King with a total of 236. He opened the tournament with a round of 76 before shooting 78 in the second round and 82 in the final round.
FOR THE FOES
- Lincoln Memorial University won the tournament with a score of three-under 861.
- Clayton State University was second at 865 and Lander University took third at 866.
- Lincoln Memorial's Dan Bradbury won the individual title by two strokes with a tournament score of eight-under 208.
- King next travels to the Tennessee River Rumble on April 1-2 hosted at Tennessee National Golf Course in Louden, Tenn.