LOUDON, Tenn. – Robert Wilkinson led the King University men's golf team to a fifth place finish at the Tennessee River Rumble as he finished runner-up. Wilkinson finished five-under par, taking second by four strokes.
KING RESULTS: King 5th of 20 (590)
LOCATION: Wind River Golf Course; Loudon, Tenn.
COURSE DETAILS: par 72; 7018 yards
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Wilkinson posted his second straight day under par with a round of three-under 69. He finished the tournament with a score of 139.
- Leo Rigamonti posted his first top five finish, taking fourth with a score of two-under 142. He carded round of two-under 70 in the final round, matching his career low round.
- Alex Bradford finished with a round of 78, giving him a tournament total of 154.
- Miles Ruff rounded out the team with a score of 155 following a second round of 77.
FOR THE FOES
- Lincoln Memorial University won the tournament with a score of 580 while Carson-Newman University took second at 585.
- Young Harris College was third at 587 and Queens University (N.C.) finished fourth ahead of the Tornado with a score of 588.
- Harry Boyle of Lincoln Memorial was the individual medalist with a score of nine-under 135.
- King returns to the course at the Conference Carolinas Championship on April 14-16. The tournament will be held at Cutter Creek Golf Club in Snow Hill, N.C.